Sommni’s Limited Warranty
Below you will find a list of all Limited Warranty information for Goods with Warranty, sold on the Website. This information will also be available with your Goods purchased.
We warrant that the Goods delivered to you will correspond with their specification, with their allowed tolerance level. The detailed information of each Limited Warranty is described alongside each Product below. The Warranties are valid from the date of purchase and the original purchase receipt is required as proof of purchase.
Receiving Warranty Service
To receive warranty service, kindly complete the Book An Inspection with your proof of purchase and other relevant information regarding the matter. With your cooperation, we will evaluate to examine if the Product is covered under its Limited Warranty. We will then, at our choice, either send the defective Product for repairs or replace it with the same or a comparable Product. The cost of repair will depend on the Warranty terms of each Product. The cost of transportation for repair is to be borne by you. All terms will not apply in cases where repair work has not been authorised by us. Any defective parts removed in the course of repair works will be our property. If a replacement is required, we will constitute what will be an appropriate replacement.
Warranty does not apply to the following:
- Normal wear and tear.
- All mattresses will show body impressions as the upholstery settles. This is not a structural defect covered by this limited warranty. The upholstery is intended to provide cushioning to an individual’s unique contours and body impression is unavoidable. Per international standards, body impressions of 1 ½ inches or 38 mm are considered normal.
- Change of mind or choosing the wrong product.
- A comfort or sleeping satisfaction guarantee is not a manufacturing defect.
- Commercial products that are used in, but not limited to hotels, motels, or institutional facilities.
- Damages resulting from abusive handling, misuse, or neglect, including mattresses discovered in any unsanitary condition; with burns, cuts, tears, stains; used with an improper bed base; physically abused; cleaned inappropriately; improper storage of the product (including but not limited to storage in locations with damp, humid or relatively high-temperature environments or exposure to heat or sunlight, areas infested with insects or rodents, or any other unprotected storage areas).
- Products purchased from unauthorised resellers.
- Products that are customised.
- Products that are used with an improper bed base or improper storage of the product.
- Any fabric-related matter, such as wear and tear, soils and stains, discoloration, pilling, and loose thread.
- Product sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the product is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer are not covered under this warranty.
- Inspection and transportation fee
We do not warrant that our Products will cure or relieve any medical conditions that you may have. The Limited Warranties apply to the original purchaser of the Product and are non-transferable. For details of the Limited Warranty, refer to the Limited Warranty terms of each Product below. We will not be liable for Products after the expiry of the Warranty Period.
All warranty claims are subject to warranty guidelines and the following terms and conditions:
- You may be required to pay labour, assessment, service visit arrangement, and/or transportation fees where it applies; or where the company’s warranty does not apply. We may provide you with an indicative fee, which the fee may vary and change due to current material costs. Such fees will be advised by authorised personnel of the company and to be mutually agreed upon before any services are made.
- All warranties cover only manufacturing defects and faulty workmanship.
- An original purchase receipt will be required as proof of purchase.
- All labels must be intact on the product for warranty services.
- The company will, at its discretion, examine the product to determine if it is covered under warranty. If concluded covered, the company will then through its service operations, at its sole discretion, repair the defective item or replace it with a similar product.
- Manufacturing defects that are within the first year will be repaired at no cost, but the cost of transportation and inspection shall be borne by the purchaser.
Manufacturing defects that occur after a year will be charged for repair on a prorated basis based on 1/10th (10 Years Limited Warranty) or 1/5th (5 Years Limited Warranty) of the current retail price multiplied by the number of years used.
- The original retailer from which you purchased your products will handle all warranty claims, returns, and exchanges.
- Costs of transportation and inspection shall be borne by the purchaser.
The company reserves the right to:
- Schedule the service within a reasonable time set by the company.
- Repair or replace an accompanying piece in the sleep system where only the said piece or part is defective, instead of replacing the product in its entirety without prior notice.
- Substitute materials of equal quality, should the identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement.
- Incur a service fee plus transportation cost for any items returned for service and are deemed by us to not have a manufacturing defect, regardless of the age of the item.
- Void the warranty for products that are repaired by an unauthorised party.
- The company reserves the right to refuse service and void this warranty when, upon inspection, the mattress is found to be in an unsanitary condition; with burns, cuts, tears, stains; used with an improper bed base; physically abused; cleaned inappropriately; improper storage of the product (including but not limited to storage in locations with damp, humid or relatively high-temperature environments or exposure to heat or sunlight, areas infested with insects or rodents, or any other unprotected storage areas); or purchased from resellers who are not authorised
- If we repaired or replaced or substituted a mattress, this same warranty will continue from its original date of purchase.
- This warranty is not transferable.
- This warranty is only valid for selected countries.
- In case the goods are relocated to another country, the terms and service of the warranty will be voided.
- The company reserves the right to add, remove or modify the terms and conditions without prior notice.
- You may apply for a temporary mattress while awaiting the service requested. This temporary mattress will be as per the models available, though the company will try its best, however, is under no obligation to provide one as per the purchaser’s specifications.
We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to have breached the Contract because of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of our obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond reasonable control.
The following shall be regarded as causes beyond reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood, storm, fire, or accident;
- War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, or requisition;
- Acts of restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions, or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental parliamentary or local authority;
- Import or export regulations or restraints;
- Interruption of traffic, strikes, lock-outs, other industrial actions, or trade disputes;
- Interruption of production or operation, difficulties in obtaining raw materials labour fuel parts, or machinery;
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
Upon the happening of any one of the events set out above, we may:
- Fully or partially suspend delivery while such event or circumstances continues;
- Terminate any Contract so affected with immediate effect by written notice to you. A refund on your order will be processed, however, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result thereof.
By accessing and continuing usage of the Website, you constitute that you understand that the use of the Website is at your own risk, and the Website is provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied regarding the use of the Website.
You agree that we and our affiliates shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever that result from your use of or inability to use the Website, your personal account information and authorisation, and any other matter relating to the Website. Our entire liability to you under these Terms and Conditions shall not exceed the price paid for the Goods you have purchased through the Website.
The Contract between us and you shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia.
No waiver by us of any breach of the Contract by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
If one or more of the terms set out in these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part by a competent authority, the remaining terms shall continue to have an effect and you will still be bound by them.
All Goods sold on the Website are for residential and personal use only. We reserve the right to reject Orders placed for purposes other than residential or personal use.
If you breach these Terms of Service and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the General Terms of Service.
We reserve their right to these Terms of Service at any time. For any inquiries about these Terms of Service, kindly contact us via the Contact page.